Valentine's Day is around the corner and as much as I am a huge fan of celebrating love day with my husband, this year I needed to fit some time in for my girls. Galentine's Day actually originated in 2010 from a Park's & Recreation episode and has now become an unofficial holiday on February 13th. It's a day made to go against Valentine's Day and basically everything that goes into it. However, we wanted to make it more about the love you have for your girl gang and the importance of celebrating that. Our Galentine's Blogger Staycation was the best way to celebrate and we sure did have a blast at the Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center.
I have never done a staycation in Denver. I've taken plenty of trips up into the mountains, but was super excited to see Denver from a hotel view and boy was our suite's views ah-mazing. The hotel is housed in the former Colorado National Bank Building that was originally built in the 1900s. I'm all about old architecture and I love how they kept everything old, but with a new spin. With it also being blocks away from 16th Street Mall & Union Station this hotel is definitely the place to stay in Denver.
There is nothing better than being with you fave girl gang in a beautiful hotel suite celebrating each other with wine, cake, flowers and of course cute looks. No Galentine's Blogger Staycation would be complete without beautiful flowers throughout the whole room. It also wouldn't be complete without a huge chocolate cake and chocolate cover strawberries. I mean, can you really ever have too much chocolate?! The answer is no, especially when there is wine and amazing girl chat included.
This shoot was definitely one I'll never forget. To be honest, you just don't know how well a shoot/staycation is going to go with 6 different woman. Luckily, our girl bosses from My Haute Society are some of the best and this day was seriously full of laughs the entire time we were together.
The best kind of friendships are fierce lady friendships where you aggressively believe in each other, defend each other, and think the other deserves the world.
I've spoke about this previously in my post Girls Night In, but I haven't always been the best with having a strong girl gang. I used to close myself off in order to stay away from drama or getting hurt, but came to realize that closing myself off was leaving me without some of the best relationships out there. My Haute Society and my own blog have both truly helped push me into some of the best woman I know, and that alone is something I will always be thankful for with my blogging career. This night was nothing short of amazing from being able to spend more time with these 5 special woman and getting to know everyone even better than before. The shirts provided from Shop Fiercely we seriously perfect for bringing in that girl boss energy and helping us all love ourselves and each other even more.
Ending the night over drinks and delicious food in Range Restaurant could not have been any better. We had super yummy berry G&T drinks, steak and goat cheese fritters. I mean... You can bet I will be going here again! It's also right off of Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center's gorgeous lobby which again showed the old with the new that I absolutely love about Denver's downtown buildings. Highly recommend for anyone traveling through Denver or if you just need a night away from home!
Hotel Accommodations & Sponsors
- Renaissance Denver Downtown - We felt so spoiled here and can not say enough good things! The suite was HUGE and had awesome views of Denver. The food at Range Restaurant was absolutely delicious and the drinks weren't bad either!
- Beehold Cakes - We had the Trois Chocolate Celebration and it was to die for! Not only is it adorable, but it seriously tasted like a huge brownie with sprinkles on top. Winning! I swear you mouth will start watery when you see the rest of the flavors the have to offer here.
- Shop Fiercely - These tee's are the perfect accessory for any Galentine's get together and guess what? They are designed by one of My Haute Society's members, Valery Brennan. Check out more of her goodies here.
- Flower Bombers - You can't have a Galentine's Day slumber party without flowers and we are so happy we had the chance to work with Flower Bombers because they are ALL about it. The have the cutest box set perfect for any of your girlfriends even included a candle from Craft Boner. Check at that gift set here.
- Avid Visuals Photography - Alejandro Caballero was a pleasure to work with and handle the giggling between us bloggers so well. He was able to direct us so we looked our very best and made the entire thing that much more fun.